Emmanuel Christian Academy (Emmanuel) is a non-profit school organization representing Jesus Christ throughout our evangelical local Christian community. Emmanuel requires its employees to be born- again Christians, living their lives as Christian role models (Romans 10:9-10; I Timothy 4:12). Employees shall conduct themselves in a way that will not raise questions regarding their Christian testimony.
ART TEACHER/ART LIBRARIAN/GRAPHICS MEDIA JOB SUMMARY (in addition to the General guidelines and Expectations)- required to provide art instruction to elementary, and middle school students, with the aim of creating an interest in the subject amongst pupils and assisting them to express themselves through the medium of art. Work is performed under the supervision of the principal/development (Full Time or Part-Time)
- Able to teach the Word of God to students and prepare exciting, practical and applicable academic and Biblical lessons.
- Effective in classroom management skills and have a genuine desire to work with and care for children. Experience in a multi-cultural environment preferred.
- Possess the following characteristics: creativity, organization, stamina, and the ability to lead a group and Knowledge in subject and grade level materials.
- Instruct children in the fundamentals of Art using Disciplined Based Art Instruction monitor and instruct student during scheduled innovations times
- Coordinate innovative and project-based activities with teacher to allow for cross curriculum instructions
- Develop Art Curriculum and Objectives in compliance with the Ohio Content Standards
- Coordinate Art experiences for all students (includes, Organizing and supervising annual ACSI Art Fair, Developing and organizing in-school Emmanuel student ‘s Art Shows)
- Develop daily Art Library calendar/schedule for school and teacher use.
- Maintain and coordinate community-based Art works which includes the Art garden
- Have a good understanding of child development and able to Observe and assist in student’s social and emotional development.
- Meet with parents and principal to discuss progress of students as needed.
- Prepare lesson plans, grade projects and attend required meetings.
- Attend school sponsored conferences, classes, workshops, training visits, which includes teacher’s in-services, Annual Pastoral and Biblical training, workshops/classes provided by the Chapel, ACSI teaching conventions, and grade level conferences.
- Prepare and submit a yearly Art supplies budget plan for the class to the Principal for consideration in preparing the annual budget for the school. Ordering, keeping inventory and organizing Art supplies
Other Duties include:
- Decorate/ Coordinate Art activities, props, designs, and scenery for ALL Emmanuel school programs (Community Service, Grand Parents Day, 8th Grade graduation, Black History, Christmas etc.)
- Interface with/and assist Campus Operation and Development Director (Marketing and Promotional graphics and videos) for all school’s programs. (Summer, Concert, Entrepreneurs, Early Educations, Extended Day etc.)
- Create graphics for office monthly newsletters,
- Program Coordinator/STEAM portion of Summer Enrichment Program
- Develop, design and maintain school Website
- Décor of school building/front door main hallway bulletin board/middle school and elementary school hallway board
- Taking Pictures of events/Running Sound Board for events, creating videos for events.
- School flyers, assist in concert program booklet and advertisements designer
- Art Clubs coordinator/mentor
Knowledge Skills and Ability Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelor’s or higher degree, with a major or minor in art is normally essential. A specialization in fine arts, visual arts or studio arts is preferred. or bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual communication design, or related field from an accredited institution,
- Interest in innovatively and appropriately using technology in the classroom to support student learning
- Adobe Suite mastery (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Basic knowledge of both basic and advanced design principles as they pertain to graphic design, advertising, and multimedia
- Ohio teaching or Non-tax certification required
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must have the ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
- Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology.
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, basic operation of a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.