Emmanuel Christian Academy (Emmanuel) is a non-profit school organization representing Jesus Christ throughout our evangelical local Christian community. Emmanuel requires its employees to be born- again Christians, living their lives as Christian role models (Romans 10:9-10; I Timothy 4:12). Employees shall conduct themselves in a way that will not raise questions regarding their Christian testimony.
Assistant Teacher/Teacher Aide primary responsibility is to assist the lead teacher in performing their job description.
- Assist group supervisor with both long- and short-range activities in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice and program philosophy.
- Provide input for bi-annual assessment of children’s development
- Maintain daily open communication with parents
- Keep accident reports
- Maintain anecdotal records
- Maintain confidentiality
- Report any suspect abuse to supervisor
- Arrange a classroom environment in accordance to program goals and philosophy
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment
- Inspect and replace damaged or lost materials
- Attend in service and staff meetings
- Keep all appropriate records such as records, attendance and timesheets.
- A high school degree or equivalent generally is the minimum requirement to become a daycare teacher
- Some experience in childcare
- Some knowledge of child development and up-to-date education methods
- Methodical and creative
- Patience, flexibility and love for children
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Meet all applicable licensing regulations
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. Required to walk; sit and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Most days will be working a portion of the day outside in temperatures ranging from 30F with wind chill to 90F. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.