Physical Education Teacher must know how to connect with students and develop fun and effective PE programs. We prefer applicants who have several years of teaching experience but may consider candidates who demonstrate a passion for teaching and a willingness to learn.
Supervisor: Head of Schools and Chief School Administrator
Job Classification: Faculty-Non-Exempt
- Able to teach the Word of God to students.
- Develop a curriculum that promotes grade-level standards in physical fitness in compliance with the Ohio Content Standards
- Have a genuine desire to work with and care for children.
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment is preferred.
- Possess the following characteristics: creativity, organization, stamina, and the ability to lead a group.
- Instruct students on the basic techniques needed to play team sports and other recreational activities
- Instruct children in health and physical Education
- Develop and coordinate activities to promote a healthy lifestyle
- Observe and assist in student’s social and emotional development.
- Meet with parents and principal to discuss progress of students as needed.
- Prepare lesson plans, grade projects and attend required meetings.
- Attend required in-service, Association of Christian Schools International (A.C.S.I.), professional development and training sessions, certification classes and meeting as required by Sport Leagues as designated by the Principal.
- Ordering, keeping inventory, labeling, and organizing gym supplies
- Prepare and submit a yearly gym supplies and program budget plan for the class to the Principal for consideration in preparing the annual budget for the school.
- Effective in classroom management skills. Have a good understanding of child development.
Other Duties may include:
- Develop Athletic ProgramResearch and organize student participation in area Sport Leagues (CYO)
- Coaching/Recruit and Supervise Coaches
- Coordinating and Organizing Field Day and Athletic Events