(in addition to the general guidelines and expectations)
The staff member must be a born-again Christian who possesses a clear Christian testimony and evidence of spiritual maturity and servanthood.
The teacher must possess a strong Christian philosophy of Education and be in agreement with the published doctrinal statement of Emmanuel Christian Academy (Emmanuel). Although the individual will not be functioning in a pastoral capacity, teachers should aspire to the highest levels of character (1 Timothy 3:2-12; Titus 1:6-9; Matthew 20:26-27 and Mark 9:35).
Supervisor: Head of Middle School and Chief School Administrator
Job Classification: Faculty-Exempt
Job Qualifications and Essential Duties:
· We seek a high-quality Bible teacher who knows how to develop student leaders. The incumbent needs to have demonstrated evidence of integrity, leadership mentoring, and teaching excellence.
· A degree in Bible is preferred however, the candidate must possess at least a bachelor’s degree. The candidate must have demonstrated experience with teaching teenagers and the ability to make the Bible live is critical.
· The candidate should have a thorough knowledge of the typical theological disciplines, skills, and practical ministry-related development. The prospective candidate must have an understanding of sound educational practice and classroom pedagogy.
· The successful teacher must implement an educational program that meets and exceeds school standards and will follow Emmanuel policies and procedure guidelines.
· The teacher is responsible for creating and maintaining a safe, organized, and stimulating classroom environment through personal example, positive relationships, discipline that is redemptive in nature, and differentiated instruction.
· The teacher must have the ability to motivate students.
· The teacher will be responsible for all logistical tasks which include, but are not limited to:
a. Writing and development of curriculum, writing and implementing daily lesson plans
b. Assessing student understanding in a timely and effective manner,
c. Maintaining grades in our educational management software,
d. Keeping parents informed of expectations and student progress, and
e. Actively participating and contributing to departmental and school-wide events.
· The teacher should be able to plan lessons that reflect Emmanuel philosophy and emphasis on inquiry-based learning and higher-level thinking.
· Daily lessons must be skill and standards-based related to all aspects of Bible, theology, and practice.
· Lessons should revolve around essential questions, include a variety of activities that directly correlate to the assigned standards and objectives, and include continuous formative and summative assessment. Instruction must be student-centered as opposed to content centered.
· The teacher must reflect a personal commitment to life-long learning and the ability to adapt instruction to best meet individual student learning styles and ever-changing needs as well as present educational initiatives.
· A proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with parents, peers, and administrators is necessary.
1. Actively participate in staff and professional development meetings as well as other professional development opportunities to improve competencies.
2. Perform any other related duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator. Working Conditions & Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
3. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
4. The teacher must be able to bend, stoop, lift up to 25 pounds, sit on the floor, climb stairs, walk, reach overhead, and stand for extended periods of time.
5. In addition, the teacher must exhibit manual dexterity to make a telephone call, hear and respond to emergency notifications, read printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels, and speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly.